Thursday, January 31, 2013

Owning crazy

    I sit here at the end of a very interesting day. That's definitely not an uncommon description considering the house I live in and the drama that continually surrounds me. Interesting is inevitable and to be honest, actually positive, or at least ending positive.
  Home schooling a sweet little boy that happens to be just as stubborn and enthusiastic about his beliefs as I am, has proven to have moments of immense difficulty. Most days we have the best of times, on days like yesterday and today, it's painful, sheer torture. So, there's that, combined with the fact that we have been all cooped up in the house for almost two whole weeks now. One person after another in the Libby home getting struck down with whatever evil virus is floating around Salem this month. All of the above has left me worn a little thin the last few days. I have felt like I am at the brink of an ugly cry....Oh wait...that did happen today...in front of my son... completely not on purpose, but also a very awkward and yet productive way to get some amazing results in behavior modification. :)
     As I opened up the Word in the two short minutes I had in between sick Hope, needy Sunday and home school Elijah.... and my own emotional irrationality... God gave me these sweet words to cling to and guidelines to follow as I tried to keep up with all today had in store for me...

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 I read it, was encouraged by it, inspired by it, and made Elijah memorize it! Hide it in your heart boy!

     And for those trials that seem to be going on far longer than you ever thought they would, the ones that weigh on your heart at night and bring tears to your eyes if you allow yourself to think about it for a second longer then you can bear, here is what the Lord God Almighty says about that. "Stand firm in your faith...and after you have suffered a little while the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you." 1 Peter 5:9a-10. Only God knows how long that little while will be, but all the little fires you faced today....or the big one that keeps rearing its face at you, this too shall pass. Stand firm, keep throwing yourself at His feet, keep trusting, keep pressing in, keep pressing on - Christ himself is coming, at the perfectly appointed moment in time, to restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you....until then - love; bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, endure all things. Love never fails.

    As for my day, despite all the craziness I would say it was definitely full of more good moments than bad ones. And for that I am grateful. Here's to taking one day at a time and rocking whatever life brings you. Lucky for me, I look good in crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment