Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fiery Chariots


2 Kings 6:15-17

New International Version (NIV)
"15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.
16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."

   Have you ever woken up, rolled out of bed and come face to face with your greatest fear, burden, trial or worry? Defeat sets in. This battle is too much for me, it's impossible! How can I overcome? I am out numbered, I am surrounded. What am I going to do?

    There have certainly been a few times that I have surveyed the hills of my life and been filled with fear. I have sized up my trial, and cried out "God, What am I gonna do?" 


    I love the passage above, absolutely love it! When it looks like the odds are not in my favor, that's when God moves mountains, holds the sun in place, opens up the red sea and in this case surrounds Elisha with chariots of fire! What could bring a person more courage, more peace, more security more confidence in battle then being surrounded by fiery agents of God? Absolutely nothing. 

    When the enemy is pressing in, ready to attack, surrounding you; before you let fear take hold in your heart, cry out to God...

 - Open my eyes, so that I can see the greatness of all that you are. 
- Open my eyes, so that I can see where you are in this trial. 
- Open my eyes, so that I can see what you are doing in the midst of my pain, worry and fear. 
- Open my eyes so that I can see that you are at work all around me. - Open my eyes so that I can see that you are all I truly need. 
- Open my eyes so that I can rest secure in your refuge, under your wing, as the apple of your eye and in the shelter of the Most High.

As I pray, my attention shifts from myself and focuses on the power and might and wonder of my Almighty God. I look up. In doing so, my eyes are opened and I see that God is at work. He is always at work

      The beautiful truth that I can bask in every single day, the truth that God has proven over and over again, is that He is the Great I AM, the God of the impossible. He is a great, mighty, strong, powerful, miracle worker. He is sovereign, ever present and victorious. He is the God that has the power and ability to surround any situation I face with chariots of fire.

     Just take a minute to let the truth of who God is resonate with your soul and saturate every feeling, circumstance, fear or worry that you are facing in this season. 


    He is able. All the battles, trials, fears, burdens and worries that surround us in our lives are securely resting in His control, under His sovereignty and I choose to trust Him - God of the impossible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment