Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday



"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful."

Colossians 3:15 

   Every day we all have a choice. Our thoughts, actions and attitudes govern our day, what are you going to choose today. I choose gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for! 

   

This morning I woke up to a bright big smile of perfect tiny teeth, brown sparkling eyes and a little raspy voice saying beautiful sweet things like "Mama I lush you lips." as she wrapped one tiny arm around me and pulled the blankets up to her chin with her free hand. I am so thankful that my day started full of kisses and a half an hour of funny and precious conversation with my 2 year old. She has an abundance of wisdom and joy to share. 

    Every time I leave the house I have four little people rushing from all corners of the house to give me an abundance of hugs and kisses before I leave....doesn't matter if I am just running to the store for 5 minutes or out for the evening, this is how the children send me off. As the door closes behind me and I walk to the car I hear the front window squeak open and the kids all yell as many I love yous as they can I get in my car and back out of the driveway. I am so thankful that every time I leave my house I want to hurry home because of all the love that awaits me.    



   I am thankful for my love, who works so hard at all he does. He loves serving God, loves serving others and loves our family with all his might. When I got home last night at 1:30 in the morning he was waiting up for me, to make sure I got home safe and to hear all about my evening out. He loves me better then anyone else ever could. He has been my home, security and love for over a decade and I could not love him more. He blesses me with beautiful gifts, affection, devotion and faithfulness. I am thankful for the love he lavishes on me. So thankful that after waiting up so late for me last night, he would think to bring me a coffee this morning after taking the dog to the groomer. He loves me so generously and thoughtfully. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for how he shows me this love every single day in a million different ways. 







  I am grateful for my family! My Mom and Dad drove 13 hours to be with me this Christmas. A dad who makes the world's best crepes and precious time with 2 of my brothers. 


      I am thankful for grandma's house where she spoils us with homemade elephant ears, chocolate dipped peanut butter ritz crackers and lots of love. 

    I am thankful for girls night out with my mom, grandma and aunt Twila - my family made this Christmas unforgettable.


    I am thankful for my church, when I walk through those doors every week it feels like home. The Pastor's and their wives love and serve the Lord generously and faithfully. I am so thankful that the Lord has called us to serve along side such  an incredible, gifted, and devoted staff. David and I have truly grown under their guidance, leadership, teaching, time and examples. I love the friendships that we have cultivated through the years there serving shoulder to shoulder. I am thankful that my church is a place where I continually grow, serve, love and use the gifts God has given me to bless others. I love my church and all the hearts that beat in it, all the voices that sing out, all the hands that reach out and all the love that is poured out.

      

  I am thankful for my precious mentor Pattie Newsom. She is a godly, wise, kind, thoughtful and beautiful woman that loves me, loves my husband and loves and spoils my kids. She has given me love, support, accountability, affection, wisdom, time, coffee, prayers and has changed my life. I want to be like her when I grow up. I am so grateful that God has blessed me with someone a beautiful as her to look up to. 

      I am thankful for the precious young women that God has given me to mentor. I could not be prouder of the beauty, growth and dedication that I see in them. I am so thankful that I have a front row seat in the lives of these beautiful young women striving after God and living exceptional lives for His glory! 


     
   I am thankful for my friends, devoted, tried and true, faithful, fun and precious to me. We have walked through a lot together these last few years. I love them so much. I love to laugh, cry and live life with these beautiful women. I know that I am blessed to have friends like you and I am thankful! 


     


    I could go on and one, because I do truly have so much to be thankful for. God tells us to be thankful because He is good. He knows that a thankful heart is a beautiful thing. It points to the giver of life and every good and perfect gift comes from Him. A thankful heart shines brightly for His glory and can overcome any kind of day. May my life reflect praise and thanks back to the One who has been SO good to me.


"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you."

 Psalm 116:7

No comments:

Post a Comment