Friday, November 9, 2012

My sweet little mini me.



    My little baby Sunday is 2 now and I see a reflection of myself in her now more then ever. Not just in her dark eyes, dark hair and little round face... but also in her feisty little spirit, her determination, the constant teasing of her siblings, a fierce passion for fairness and justice,  and her sweet smiling face looking right at me while she disobeys... Sunday has an appreciation of all things girly - makeup, painted nails and anything frilly...but is also the first one to jump in a puddle, pick up the mud or touch the nasty frog. Yes, I was quite a little spitfire. Now that I am a mother I have for myself a double dose...and go figure, it would be my two little brunettes who would follow suit.

     Sunday has truly brought so much laughter and joy to our lives. A real sense of adventure. There certainly is never a dull moment. If she isn't climbing on my kitchen island, up the cabinets, on top of my couches or digging in the pantry for food, she is playing right along side the other kids whatever they are doing, she wants to do too. If they are too boring for her, she has her best bud Titus. We got him as a puppy right when Sunday first began to crawl and the two of them went everywhere together.

     I truly can't imagine our lives with out her. I thought we were done after our fiasco during Lily's delivery, but then God started stirring my heart to have a fourth child when Lils was about 2. I have always had a deep and strong desire to adopt. After much research, David and I began the process....all the hours of paperwork, deciding where we were going to adopt from, what age group etc...  then the Lord truly closed the door in about a million ways. I couldn't understand why and was very heart broken about it, but I knew in my heart that God was saying no and I needed to obey, despite my hearts desire. Throughout the process, David's desire to try again for one of our own had grown. And so here we are, with a sweet, fun, little beauty that has brought so much laughter and love to our family.

    We don't always get to know the reasons why God says no. But this time it became very clear to me. We faced some very difficult trials as a family later on that year. In the midst of it all, I just praised the Lord that He knew what our family would be enduring, He knew how much I could handle and how all consuming events that year would be. There is no way would have been able to carry on with the process of adoption while working through the trials we faced. He spared our hearts from complete brokenness and devastation.  David and I are both still very passionate about adoption. Who knows what the future holds for our family. But this I do know, His timing is perfect. Sunday will forever be a reminder of that to me. God is perfect and His timing is perfect. He always closes doors for a good reason. Now when a door closes, even if I don't ever see why, I will choose to trust God and thank Him for always knowing what is best for me in every season.



 It has been one of my favorite things to watch all my children grow into their personalities. Watching Sunday grow into a very enthusiastic, nurturing, determined, and loving little girl has been a blessing to our whole family. She has brought a lot of life and joy to everyone. She is a great little dancer, she cant help but move to the music any time it's playing. Sunday sings ALL day long. She is also quite the little talker and listening to her is hilarious. I always know how I sound throughout the day because she repeats everything I say, not in a mimicking kind of way, but she wants to drive the point home as if she is mama #2. She even sighs at the end of her sentence if I sigh....its good accountability for sure! :)


 I am so thankful for how the Lord has brought four very different and very wonderful children into our home. He made them bright and brilliant individuals, and in doing so He has also made up the Libby family just the way He intended it to be. We may be a whole lot of crazy... but His way is perfect.






This is my baby picture. Not hard to see the resemblance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment