Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday 2

  This morning was a breath of fresh air for this heart of mine. Life has gotten so busy and has been so full lately that I have grown a little weary. We have been busy, busy, busy with wonderful and amazing things. Life is full and good. Full time ministry is busy, four kids is busy and homeschooling is busy.... I don't often get to spend time, quality time, quiet uninterrupted time with sweet friends.

   This morning I got two precious hours with one of my dearest friends. We didn't do anything adventurous or crazy exciting, neither of us have pressing things to share, cry or laugh about, but our time together was so sweet and precious to me. I always leave our times together feeling like I am not in life alone, I have some sweet friends that suit up and shoulder life with me. Sometimes that's all I need. Just a sweet little reminder that I have a life line outside of my crazy house, busy ministry and hours of conversations with human beings under the age of ten. So breakfast out and brisk walk in the spring sunshine with a dear friend was perfection.

   This is a busy season of life, there is no changing that. God has graciously shown me how to joyfully embrace all that is on my plate.  Gratitude is what fuels the joy in my heart. I have plenty to be thankful for, I just need to mindfully take the time to say thank you on the crazy busy days. So here are the things that I am thankful for this Thursday.

1. A precious brown eyed Sunday girl, who loves to laugh and loves to pick me flowers and weeds.
2. A son who is eager to please, obey and quick apologize when he has hurt his sisters feelings ... and diligently empties my dishwasher daily!
3. Hope's maturity in caring for her little sister, making her bed every morning and being a so generous with her love and affection towards me, fills up my love tank!
4. Lily's sense of humor brings laughter into every event in our home and her thoughtfulness and sweet grace towards others enriches the atmposhere in the Libby home daily.
5. I am thankful beyond words for husband who cares deeply for our family, loves the Lord with his whole heart and loves his job!
6. I am thankful for the sweet friends the Lord has blessed me with. Whether I see them once a week or once a month, I feel blessed and enriched by their presence in my life.
7. I am thankful for the laughter that has filled our home this spring break, for all the cuddles on the couch in our pj's wrapped up in blankets, for spring walks in the sun and quality time with the people I love! Blessed. I am SO blessed!







No comments:

Post a Comment