Thursday, October 18, 2012

God's Sovereignty

all these dirty little feet are just one of many things
I am thankful for!

Today I am thankful. So thankful. I know God is at work all around me. In everything. Time and time again I just keep coming back to it. It's incredible how I can see Him in my life, but also in every situation concerning my whole family. I am always astounded when I see the Lord working for my good even through the public school, the government, the unsaved.....He is truly sovereign. He reigns over all, His power has no bounds or limitations. When I see His mighty hand working in all these things beyond my control and sphere of influence, I can't help but praise Him. How do I so easily forget who He is and who He has always been? He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Making History by weaving His plan into every kingdom, authority, every generation and season. He is God, participating in every single event in my life and guiding the steps of all the generations before me, and even now preparing the hearts of my children for the plans He has for them.

        I can't go into details about what we are living through, but I can tell you that God cares about us, every detail of our lives.  He is always working, even behind the scenes, sometimes we see, sometimes we don't see, but He is always working for our good. Our family will still wait patiently for complete victory in this trial, but for today, I can't say enough praise to the One who is walking through this trial, step by step with us. I am just so blessed by God is in the midst of it all. He never changes, He never fails, He always protects, always loves, always sustains and always provides the wisdom we need. Even when things seem so big, God always shows me that He is bigger. I am just so thankful. There is always a million things to be thankful for. Sometimes I forget that I get to choose what governs my thoughts; fear and worry or praise and thanksgiving....today I chose the latter and I am BLESSED! God is so good to me. My family alone is beyond what I ever could have imagined or deserved and that is just the beginning of a long list of amazing things the Lord has orchestrated in His great sovereignty in my life. I am so blessed.








No comments:

Post a Comment